How to Get Factory Key Code with Xhorse Dolphin XP005L: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you want to get the factory key code for a key that you have decoded with the Xhorse Dolphin XP005L key cutting machine, you can follow these steps:
- Use the phone app to connect to your Dolphin XP005L machine and select “Vehicle Database”.
- Search for the vehicle model and year that matches the key.
- Clamp the customer’s key into the vise and click “Decode Key”.
- After the decoding is done, you will see the cuts on the screen. Click “Find Bitting”.
- The app will show you the possible factory key codes that match the cuts. You can choose one of them or try them all until you find the right one.
Some tips for getting the factory key code with Xhorse Dolphin XP005L
- The “Find Bitting” function on the app will give you the factory key code, not just the cuts. Many people may not realize this.
- Sometimes, the app may show the wrong code series for some GM vehicles or Hyundai/Kia vehicles. This may be a USA problem. In that case, you can use other online tools like g-code to look up the code by the cuts.
- It is a good idea to fill out a code card for your customers and keep a record of their codes. This will help you in case they need your service again in the future.